Hadis- "Those who resist and confront the cursed Dajjal, their honor, prestige and reward will be the same as the Shaheed (martyrs) of Badr and Ohud."-Abu Horayra (RA), Bokhari, Muslim.
The entire episode of the Dajjal
is extremely important, especially so because no other event in the history of mankind can compare to the magnitude of this one event, this has been certified by the Messenger of Allah himself. This particular Hadis bears special message, good tidings for us, the people of the present day, also it contains some extraordinary points to be noted. The highest reward among the Mo'mens of this Deen has been retained for martyrs (Shaheeds), for no sooner does their soul leave the body than the highest paradise is granted to them. The highest position of prestige is also reserved for them as it is not allowed to refer to them as dead people, though they do not walk on this earth anymore. Besides these, there are some other specialties bestowed on them that Allah has not even granted His Messengers, let alone the general Mo'mens, either, e.g. there is no need to bathe or enshroud them in the traditional 'kafon' for burial, they have been exempted from the janaza or pre-burial prayer and also from the interrogation by the Malayeks in the grave. These rewards, recognition and honor belong only to the league of Shaheeds, those who embrace death to establish His Deen, His way of life on this earth.
About the people who will confront and resist the Dajjal it is to be noted that-
1) They will be awarded the rewards of the Shahadat (martyrdom) besides the specialties mentioned above without sacrificing their lives.
2) They will be awarded the honor and reward of not one but two Shaheeds. In no other instance is there any provision of reward of two Shaheeds for one person.
3) Those who will resist and confront the Dajjal will receive the rewards of not only two general Shaheeds, but one of the battle of Badr and the other of the battle of Ohud.
4) The Shaheeds of the battles of Badr and Ohud are recognized as those of the highest honor among all others, because Tawheed, Deen-ul-huq could not have been established on this earth had the Messenger of Allah lost either of these two battles. The Messenger of Allah said to those who returned from the battleground of Badr- 'Do what you please, for paradise is granted to you.'
This was to those who returned victorious; those who were martyred must surely have received so much higher positions. And those to resist the Dajjal will receive the rewards and honor of not the living warrior, but the Shaheeds of the first battles of Islam! Not only of the Badr, but the reward and honor of Badr and Ohud combined.
One might wonder why Allah would choose to favor these people (who resist Dajjal) with such unimaginable reward. The answer is quite simple, actually it is a matter of prestige for Allah, the challenge Eblis threw at Him, of winning or losing in this challenge. Around the world today, the Dajjal has overthrown Allah's sovereignty, His authority and replaced it with the Eblis' doctrine, human sovereignty. The Dajjal has effectively rejected the Maker as Rub- Lord, of His own creation and gotten away with this too. Excepting a tiny portion among this huge mass of people there is none today to speak up for Allah's sovereignty- and the Dajjal spares no end to label this group as terrorist and wipe them off the face of this earth. For this reason, the reward they are to receive from their Lord is so great.
5) In the Afterlife, Shaheeds from all times will be the envy of all people, and those who resist the Dajjal will surely be the envy of the general Shaheeds themselves! Envy of even of the Shaheeds of the Badr and the Ohud. For every Shaheed will enjoy the rewards of the particular Shahadat he/she achieved. The Shaheed of the Badr will get the reward and honor of the Shahadat at the Badr and the Shaheed of the Ohud will get the reward and honor of the Shahadat at the Ohud. The Shaheed of Badr will not get the reward of the Shahadat at Ohud or vice-versa. Only those who resist and repel the Dajjal will be awarded the honor, prestige and reward for the Shahadats at the Badr and the Ohud combined.
In all of Islam, there is no good deed, no other action for which the rewards are so unimaginable, stupendous. It also by far surpasses the reward and honor of the general Shaheeds. This opportunity par excellence, has eluded all the Messengers and their Ummahs because the Dajjal did not appear in their times. The Dajjal is here now, at this present time and with its destruction at the hand of Isa (as) it will never surface again, some 474 years have passed since its birth and now it had reached the height of maturity; so it is safe to say that Isa (as) is not long in coming either. Once the destruction of the Dajjal is complete, the opportunity to achieve these rewards will forever be lost to mankind.
There is a Hadis narrated from Umme Haram (ra) where it is stated that those who give up their lives in naval warfare will receive the rewards of two Shaheeds. This Hadis, however is not taken as a sahih one, but Hasan, its source is Sunane abu daud. Even if this Hadis is true, the two Shahadat (Martyrdom) are not Shahadat of Badr or Ohud.
Hadis, from Abu Horairah (ra)-Bokhari.